Supporting Local, Shopping Local: An event that combines crafts, bands & local businesses to showcase the rad people that make Milwaukee.

05 November 2013

Vendor Spotlight: Dwellephant






Why am I excited to vend at Hover Craft?
Because it's so much goddamn fun.

What am I making and why?
You know that Ice Cube song "It Was A Good Day?" (If not, look it up. Go ahead. I'll wait.) Ice Cube didn't write a lot of songs like that. But Ice Cube's no fool. He knows a good day when he sees one. He also knows good days like that are worth commemorating. At Hovercraft this year, I'm going to help you commemorate YOUR good day. For a mere $5, you can tell me about a good day in your life, and I'll draw it right there on the spot, on a 6" x 6" square, for you to cherish forever. (Or sell for more money on eBay.) I won't be doing this anywhere else. Just Hovercraft.

Why am I doing this? For a bunch of reasons:
1. Why not?
2. It sounds like a fun thing to do.


3. It's so much easier to complain about all the awful shit that happens to you in a day. This is my way of encouraging people to do less of that. How's that old song go? "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative?" Allow me to help you do that.

What's your day job and why do you like making stuff on the side?
My current day job is being creative at Milwaukee Film. But I don't make stuff on the side. I make stuff constantly. Even when I'm not supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment