WHAT IS Hover Craft? an annual holiday shopping extravaganza. This year we will host over 100 artists, crafters, makers and creatives of all sorts selling orignal creations they have designed and made with their own hands. Come and support our creative community while you buy unique gifts for everyone on your list.

01 December 2014

Vendor Spotlight: KPOLLY



Kristopher Pollard came into my life through the front door of my house.  He was tasked by Milwaukee Film to illustrate their marketing campaign by drawing 5 year olds impersonating famous movie scenes.  The scene chosen for my five year old?  Jack Nicholson peering creepily through a hatcheted hole in a door of the blockbuster horror thriller The Shining. 

All morning my son and I had been watching trailers with scenes of "ketchup' flowing through hotel corridors and watching Jack growl and sneer through the hole in the door.  A little fact I knew, but Kristopher did not, was that my son is also ridiculously shy to newcomers and I knew getting him to do it again so some stranger could take a picture of him might be a challenge.  And then in walks Kristopher.

Kristopher is much bigger than a five year old.  And my five year old immediately began to get a little nervous, which I could see when his expression turned immediately blank and he started looking at the floor.  I told my son that it was time to show this guy how he could snarl like the guy in the movie and Kristopher immediately started to giggle.  He was giddy.  My son lit up.  And I watched them from across the room as Kristopher held a camera to my son's face and captured his perfectly crooked snarl that was about to be drawn into a poster that my mother and my husband, both huge horror fans, would cherish every day since.  I knew he was a dude who I would be working with much more.  

Since this initial meeting, I have had a few more chances to continue working with Kristopher (definitely not enough).  He is one of the many people I know in Milwaukee who is so boundlessly talented, I am consistently blown away by his work. His latest monumental undertaking being a self published book entitled Fake A$$ Rappers, where he illustrates imagined rappers and then writes little stories or quotes about them on the facing page.  If you haven't seen this book Fake A$$ Rappers, please seek it out immediately (they will be at Hover Craft on Sunday, December 7th).




Kristopher specializes in strangely charming illustrative portraiture that relies on lines more than anything.  These lines are somehow perfectly wonky, carving out depth on a plain white sheet of paper as easily as his flattened patterns on the same work.  Patterns and depth, created through these lines orchestrate a composition that is always striking, always worth the viewer's time to sit back and explore the piece in-depth.  When I bugged him for a few quotes so I could feature him on the Hover Craft blog he wrote to me, "I love illustration and take a lot of inspiration from literature and film.  Storytelling, in general.  Stuff with a sense of humor or a sense of absurdity really appeals to me.  In general though, if something strikes me as funny, I want to draw it."

Don't forget to stop and give Kristopher.. I mean KPOLLY a high five on Sunday.  Tell him a joke!  See where it goes!





2 comments:

  1. God is Good! I promised God that I would share my testimony on this website. I had all the signs of  STD Virus but I was not too sure as to which one. I did a lot of online research and I WAS scared myself for a whole week before going to see the nurse. She took one look at my genital part and first said that it could just be the anatomy of my body, then she said it looked like genital warts and that I MAY have herpes. I was devastated. She gave me some medicine for the herpes and some cream for the warts. I was also tested for every single STD including herpes. I went home and cried searching the web for all sorts of cures for herpes and awaiting my results. I saw a post whereby Dr. Razor cured Herpes and other diseases, I copied his contacts out and added him on WhatsApp via +2349065420442. The next day my test result was ready and i confirmed  Herpes positive. I told Dr. Razor about my health problems and he assured me of cure. He prepared his herbal medicine and sent it to me. I took it for 18 days . Before the completion of the 18 days in which I completed the dose, the Blisters and Warts that were on my body was cleared. I went back for check-up and I was told I'm free from the virus. Dr. Razor cures all types of diseases and viruses with the help of his herbal medicine. You can reach Dr. Razor via his email address on (drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com) WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete