Hey there everyone! Hover Craft is now looking for vendors to fill our 2016 show on Sunday, December 4th at the Priztlaff Building in downtown Milwaukee.
What are we looking for? We are looking for creative people who live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to come and occupy a space about 7' x 7' and fill it with what they love to make.
Hover Craft will take care of promotion and event coordination always with the best interest of the vendors in mind. We want to encourage you to make the most inspiring and creative work and we will make sure there will be lots of excited people around to see it (and buy it!).
If you haven't been to a Hover Craft before, check out our Facebook profile and this blog - you will find photographs of past events which showcase the love we have for all our creative local artists, crafters, designers and makers of all sorts who will spend time with us showcasing their wares. We are so excited to be producing our 7th show -- and we hope you apply! We cannot wait to see what you have been making!
- You must live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. What does this mean? If you can send a letter to yourself with the city as Milwaukee -- you are eligible. If you are not from Milwaukee and are bummed by this, sign up for this newsletter! We share events that are not exclusively local and encourage everyone to participate. Hover Craft's goal is to clear the way for this section of the maker community to shine. We appreciate your understanding in advance.
- You must make what you sell! Two points we want to make here: First, this is a handmade show. Everything in your space should be made by you! Secondly, we understand there is a busy craft fair season right before Christmas, but we ask you to clear your calendar and sell at Hover Craft yourself. Yes, you can have a buddy come to help. But no, you can not have someone else represent your work.
- All products you showcase should not be from pre-existing patterns, recipes, designs, etc. We want all the weird and creative work that comes straight from your brain.
- If you have a brick and mortar store and would like to participate, please email HoverCraftMKE@gmail.com with a note saying you are interested! Once we get the vendor list all squared away, we will personally reach out to you and figure out a great way for you to be involved. Yes, there are free opportunities for local businesses and yes, there are a limited # of paid sponsorship spots available as well. Our vendor spaces are very limited and we would like to reserve it for people who don't have the opportunity to show off what they make in their brick and mortar store. Thank you in advance for understanding how awesome it is to share what you make with the world every day your shop is open. We want to spread a little joy to the people who don't get to do that!
Please follow these directions to submit your application:
- Please send an email to HOVERCRAFTMKE@GMAIL.COM with the subject reading: Hover Craft 2016 Application
- Please include the following just like this:
Your business name (if applicable)
Your email address
Your phone number
- Please do not apply in paragraph form. Please list it out, just like above.
- Then, please show us what you make! The items you choose to show us should be representative of the work you would like to sell at this show. The images should demonstrate the breadth of your product line. Choose one of the following to show us:
- 3 - 5 images of the work you would like to sell at Hover Craft. These images should be JPGs attached to your email. They should be small files. They should be descriptive - meaning we should be able to tell at a glance what each image is, the size and what it is made of. They should be well-lit. If these details are not completely apparent, please include no more than one sentence describing each image. Thanks!
- A link to an online store where your work is displayed
- A link to a group of photos (sometimes people will upload their photos as a collection in Facebook! That is great!)
- Have a great idea and no photos? No worries! Send us a written description of what you've been thinking of!
- Please give us a price range of your work.
- Please apply by Midnight on August 31st. Late applications are not considered.
How do we decide who gets in?
A few factors come into play when we go through all of the applications. Mostly, we want to encourage creativity. If you are making something that no one else makes, it is very likely you will get in. If you have participated in Maker Market before, we'd love to see what new work you have this season!
If you would like to read in depth about our application process, please click on over to our sister show - Maker Market - and read about how they decide. This is very, very close to how we decide.
How do you know you got in?
We will email you on September 12th. We will also post the list of vendors on our blog and on our Facebook account. Because of the number of applications we receive, we do not email those vendors who were not accepted.