Supporting Local, Shopping Local: An event that combines crafts, bands & local businesses to showcase the rad people that make Milwaukee.

03 December 2013

Vendor Spotlight: Sarah Jane Harper

 

I am a printmaker by trade, but use a combination of domestic processes, like sewing, embroidery, and crocheting, with fine art processes, like printmaking, drawing, and painting.  I like the idea of creating objects that people can use, like pillows, calenders, tote bags,ornaments, and flags, while sticking with my themes of pattern, humor, and a sense of home.  I put great emphasis on making things by hand, and really investing time in the process, so the items I make possess a "preciousness."  I had the pleasure of being part of Hovercraft for the last two years, and it has consistently been a highlight of my year.  I loved the opportunity to be in the presence of Milwaukee's best artists, crafters, musicians, and supporters of everything creative.  I would be honored to have the opportunity to show my work again this year.  Thank you so much for your time and all of the work you have put forth for this event.  I have attached photos of my booth in previous years as well as examples of my work.  Have a great day!

-Sarah Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment