Supporting Local, Shopping Local: An event that combines crafts, bands & local businesses to showcase the rad people that make Milwaukee.

04 December 2014

Vendor Spotlight: Ellen Wagner of Eldenwa Designs


Meet one of Milwaukee's newest designers, Ellen Wagner of Eldenwa Designs.  Hailing from New York City, she has been building her accessory brand since 2010.  She specializes in creating fabric accessories and statement neckpieces from UPcycled jersey cotton tshirts.

"I started by making a piece for myself a few summers back.  I wanted something to wear over my bathing suit that wasn't the typical cover up.  I wore it out at the Mermaid Parade on Coney Island and got such a great response that I couldn't pass up the opportunity... plus I have a BA in Fashion Design and Merchandising and I always wanted to come up with a new product to sell," Ellen explains.


Since she has moved to Milwaukee, Ellen has been participating in markets all over the city.  "So far I have found that Milwaukee has a great little creative community once you get out there and connect with someone.  Once you connect with one person you quickly learn that the connection overlaps which makes it pretty easy to get involved and grow your network.  Everyone has welcomed me with open arms."

Ellen will have a variety of new designs for both men and women.  Make sure to stop by to welcome her to the city when you come to Hover Craft on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment